District Communication Officers’ (DCOs) Spring Task List
HERE’s WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT: “Save the Dates” and invitations for upcoming District Leadership Training events have been and will continue to go out. Zone Coordinators have important information to deliver to key District Committee Chairs. 2019-20 District Leaders not identified in DACdb are in a “communication blackout” until we get these tasks completed: With DGEs getting their leadership teams finalized, we have a lot of moving parts in DACdb that need attention. Here are the near-term DCO tasks I can think of:
1. Add and identify DGND in the DLT Committee for 2018-19
2. Add and Identify the following in the DLT for 2019-20 – NOTE: the DLT assignments for DG in their respective years are what populate the COG Committee by year served, automatically. After adding to the DLT, you need to EDIT each person, identifying them with the Role Key. Also NOTE: These designations drive Zone Committee Rollups. Role Keys must be exactly those listed (e.g. “DFC” doesn’t work)
- DG (19-20)
- DGE (19-20)
- DGN (19-20)
- DCO — MISSING for many districts
- DRFC – District Rotary Foundation Chair
- DPIC – District PI/PR Chair
- DMC – District Membership Chair
3. Add and Identify the following in the DLT for 2020-21
- DG (2020-21)
- DGE (2020-21
4. Add and identify the DG for 2021-22 in the DLT for 2021-22
5. Set up or Clone District Committees for 2019-20 and ID Committee Chairs within (in addition to adding and identifying major Chairs listed above in DLT)
6. Ensure that Areas are set up for 2019-20 – AGs should be assigned and identified as AG in each Area. NOTE that you can’t reconfigure Areas (move clubs between Areas) until July 1..
7. Set up and populate an Assistant Governors (AG) Committee for 2019-20 with the Role Key AG
8. It’s time to prompt your AGs and DGE to run a Club Officer Compare on each club to confirm that each has a President-Elect, President Nominee (to follow PE), Secretary-Elect and Treasurer-Elect entered, and that they match with RI records. Keep in mind that all are to be entered as “Elects” in the current year and they auto-rollover on July 1. These 4 positions should all have been elected by each club in December.
9. FINALLY — BONUS ROUND — I’ve realized in my own District that Club Websites listed in DACdb may not be current or correct (or work). As you have the time, would you walk through each of your clubs, verifying that the website link in DACdb actually works?