Key decisions about Rotaract from the October 2019 Board meeting
In October 2019, the Board of Directors of Rotary International made several changes to the policies related to Rotaract, which were recommended by the Elevate Rotaract Task Force. To learn more:
- Review policy changes related to Rotaract in detail, which take effect 1 July 2020.
- Review the updated Standard Rotaract Club Constitution, which takes effect 1 July 2020.
- Review the updated Recommended Rotaract Club Bylaws, which takes effect 1 July 2020.
Below are the notable changes to Rotaract and frequently asked questions to help clarify the impact of these changes.
Changes to the Code of Policies — effective 1 July 2020:
- Rotaract clubs will be able to establish a new club with or without a sponsor.
- Rotaract clubs will able to choose other Rotaract clubs as their sponsors.
- Rotaract clubs will be open to all young adults at least 18 years old.
- Rotaract policies will be moved from Chapter V, “Programs,” to a revised Chapter II, “Clubs.”
- The Standard Rotaract Club Constitution and the Recommended Rotaract Club Bylaws will be amended to reflect these policy changes.
- Rotary districts are encouraged to include Rotaractors in every district committee.
For more information see https://my.rotary.org/en/recent-rotaract-policy-updates